Friday, August 7, 2009

Connecting with the heart of universe

One of the most impressive
sutra that I have learnt during my
3-year dharma course is
The Prajna Paramita Hrydaya Sutra
or The Heart Sutra (心经)

In the Chinese version of this precious scripture,
there are only 260 characters.
It's one of the shortest sutras that
harbours the most profound and
most comprehensive Buddhism teachings.
One may even see it as a summary of
the core of the universal laws.

In Dharma class, I was told that
it was the Heart Sutra that sustained
Venerable XuanZhuang of Tang Dynasty (唐三藏)
through a lot of difficulties and dangers
during his journey to India
to fetch more sutras back to China.

After knowing how much Venerable XuanZhuang
treasured this ultimate scripture on Earth,
I vowed to integrate the Heart Sutra
into my day-to-day life
so that I could also sustain through
the challenging path of enlightenment.

In other words, I vowed, at my very best, to
decipher the true meaning of the Heart Sutra,
understand the core principles of the universe,
practise the teachings of the Heart Sutra.

The following is a very nice
Chinese Heart Sutra song
-- I find it easy to memorise the scripture
with nice melody :)




Also try the Sanskrit version,
composed and sung by Imee Ooi
if you like something more exotic!


With metta,
Kee Yew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...