Friday, January 7, 2011

Adjusting towards a holistic life path (7)

Changing job as an affirmation of spiritual faith

By changing to my current new job,
I am switching from lab-based biomedical research to
field-based plant diseases diagnosis.
It may seem silly to claim that it's a big change (after all it's still biology),
but I had to give up bulk of the leverage from my past experience and seniority
and to learn totally new skills/technical knowledge from scratch.

That was way beyond my comfort zone
(even my new employer subconsciously indicated so).
But I didn't want to give myself any excuse to grow,
for I perceive that this is the way to put buddhism in practice.

Years ago, I learnt from Master Chin Kung a precious teaching:
[translating crudely] A truth shall always tally with its manifestation and vice versa (理事相融).
On my boddhi path to gradually release my attachment,
if my inner attachment (or part of) has truly shed off,
there should be manifestation of increased flexibility and capability and
vice versa.

Or,
By learnng to increase my flexibility and capability,
it shall correspond with increased degree of detachment.

With that, I embrace this relatively drastic change in career,
as an important assignment along my spiritual learning.

Despite the hardship ahead,
I accept this growing opportunity open-heartedly and joyously.



Gratefully,
Kee Yew
pureland2012-at-gmail.com



{Learning Holistic Wellness for Wisdom and Compassion}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...