Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hearty Italian -- a naturally healthy cuisine (1)


Humble Italian style salad
made organic vegan
Just about a week ago,
I cooked for a a few good friends
an organic vegan Italian meal.

As it was the second time
I prepared a full course Italian cuisine
in my entire life
(the first time was 8 years ago!),
I didn't know what the outcome would be :P

So, when I invited my friends,
I kept making disclaimer that it was a pure experiment!!

In the end,
with great help from my good friend, Siaw Wei
(who also kindly provided a cozy venue for the precious gathering),
and some local condiment brought back from Italy,
I managed to replicate a few authentic Italian dishes.

I had to say I was very pleased =)
-- because, not only the presentation,
the taste was also very close to that I had Italy! :D

One of my favourite dishes,
is the Italian salad.

Tho' very common (probably can find hundreds of entries on google!)
I would like to share the recipe,
for it may be helpful when one suddenly runs of out idea ;)
-- also because it's so simple and tasty!



Insalata da Roma (Roman Salad)
[a pleasant delight on the day I touched down in Rome hence the name]


Salad mix (pre-washed) ................................... 1 plate
Orange ............................................................ 1 slice
Cherry tomato (round)  .................................... 2
Firm tofu (diced) .............................................. 3 cubes
Balsamic Vinegar  ............................................ 1 tablespoon
Extra virgin olive oil .......................................... 1 tablespoon
Balsamic Glaze*................................................ 1 squirt

Mix everything but serve beautifully :P



Buon apetito!
Kee Yew


* here is a generic sample of Balsamic Glaze sold online :P
-- it's traditional Italian sauce made from grape must, and balsamic vinegar :)
`` just an example, I didn't use this particular brand, mine was brought back from Rome :P


{Learning Holistic Wellness for Wisdom and Compassion}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...